Saturday 29 January 2011

I just projected over your beautiful scream

So Sick Puppies was actually amazing. The lead singer is bonkers and I mean that in the nicest possible way. I have never seen someone enjoy their gig so much, and with good reason! Their gig was rocking. They are well worth watching if you enjoy rocky metally sounds. Their bassist, Emma Anzai, is amazing (and female) and pretty good looking.
They didn't play White Balloons but it would have been weird with the set they did play if they had. It would have made things disjointed and mellower than the mini moshout and energetic gig that we received. Shimon Moore's (lead singer and guitarist) energy was infectious and he really made you feel like you wanted to be there.
I now have their last two albums (even
though Tri-Polar isn't released here yet, they were selling it in their merch =D) and both are signed. This makes me very happy =) we got to talk to them a little bit, let them know that we enjoyed it so much. Just wonderful.

Live music is the best!



Sick Puppies: Dressed Up As Life

I was worried that this album might not be as good as Tri-Polar. You know when you have listened to an album (in preparation for a gig or just in general) and it isn't their first album? I always find that breaking out their previous stuff can be a little risky. Will it be as enjoyable? Will it be more so than the tracks you have come to love more than you thought you might?
This album is definitely their Australian sound but it is by no means something to worry about. It is certainly a good solid album and I shall enjoy listening to it like I did their most recent one. If you like a good little rock out you can't go far wrong with these guys, I'm now biased towards them of course but really, give them a shot.
They also do a good "Say My Name" (Destiny's Child) cover that is, if nothing else, pretty amusing. Get a live version on the youtubes though and listen to his wonderful spiel that he gives before songs. He's a little rude, a little crass but with his cheeky feel you don't mind too much.

.5
(It'll be a 5starer once I listen to it a bit more =D)
20/100 (If I keep going like this I will have finished my challenge by the end of April =p)

I've been thinking of dying the front section of my hair pink... or red but I reckon it's most likely going to be pink because I can rock that colour. I just miss being... more colourful. Part of me recognises the fact that I still need to grow up now but you know what? Enjoy life a little as well! So after I finish the Gilbert And Sullivan production I am in by the end of February (sadly it is after the MCR gig and I would have loved to have my hair done before then =p) because I dyed my hair before one of their shows before and it was a little difficult to hide the aqua greeny blue that was in my hair. Especially when it's meant to be about aristocracy and from a different time period to now, whoops =p
So I'm being nice this time... although I wish I could just do it now!

Oh well =D

Bless your face
Love Buttercup xxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Do it before! It might add to the general Supernumerary incongruity! In our scene I'll whip out a pair of scissors and threaten to cut it off and we'll have a little fight onstage!

    ReplyDelete