Sunday 23 January 2011

You made your bed so sleep in it

So, another review and some more updaties.

I have an exam on Wednesday for university. Ah a topic I don't touch on very often. So I study music at university, just your standard BA. I'm final year, I have my Music and Cultural Theory exam on Wednesday (for the second time, I sat it last year and got 44% ¬¬) and so I have been revising but today hasn't been good for revising because we went out last night. For some reason it almost always kills me for the next day. I'll make up for it tomorrow and Tuesday I hope. *Fingers crossed* But after exam times it's on to dissertation and composing time, which will also be hard work. I can't wait to graduate!
I should really be putting up a book review as well today but revision is all I have been reading and reviewing my articles on here would be pretty rubbish really, so I won't. I'll just catch up later at some point =D

CD time!


I have the awesome double disk version =D: Take Off Your Colours

You Me At Six (or sometimes Youmeatsix) are your standard scenester affair. They're punk pop and make me think of summer. You know what I mean! Fall Out Boy, All Time Low, Mayday Parade: the new generation of punk poppers for teens. But you are not a teen, I possibly hear some cries. This is true but I indulge that part of me every so often.
So yes, picture the scene: a backgarden/field/park, some blankets, you and your friends sitting around wearing suitable wear for the bright sunshine and an iPod dock playing some light rock tunes. That is what I see with this music. You can dance to it because it's got a fairly easy beat to hear. The voice is American drawl. Most of the songs are, whilst inoffensive to listen to, don't stick out at all. I was not that surprised, but it would have been nice to have some more variation.
The tracks I like are ones that I heard when they supported Elliot Minor one time:
  • You've Made Your Bed, So Sleep In It
  • Save It For The Bedroom
  • Take Off your Colours
  • Always Attract
If you like punk pop you probably won't be hideously offended by these guys, unless you are a bit elitist in which case nyeh! Here we are not elitist in the slightest! Pah =D


17/100

There will be more frequent entries once my exam is over but until Wednesday,
Love Buttercup xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment