Monday 3 January 2011

And all there was was a dollar sign

So yesterday was actually interesting, we had a photoshoot. It was quite strange, partially because I didn't know one of the photographers but mostly because it was with jeans, bras and military jackets.

A bit like this, taken from the Hudson Jeans campaign.

I'm yet to actually see any of the photos but I will tell you if there are some good ones. Probably won't put any up unless they are really awesome because I don't really want to put up photos of me in just my bra really =p It was pretty good fun. I quite enjoyed the music that was being played as well, some of it was The Libertines apparently (never heard them before) and it was quite nice, very indie.
I really enjoy modelling. Some people would say that I'm being pretentious or something but it's really fun. After years of hating having a camera pointed anywhere near my direction I've been getting much better to the point that I actively enjoy having my photo taken. It's strange how things happen eh? I'm very very critical of any photos of me though. Although by far the best photographer for me is Blue. That's not really favouritism, she just knows me best and knows how to take good shots of me. Simple as.

There was cheesypigbread later (re: cheese toasty with bacon inside it) that was very nommy. I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who likes those ingredients because it was very good. Sleepovers are rather fun, the conversations are good but I always feel weird the next day.

I'm listening to my second album of the year.

Mewithoutyou: [A-->B] Life

Post Hardcore this time. You'll notice that I didn't continue down my list of artists in alphabetical order, it would get a bit dull when I get to people with multiple albums and I have to sit and listen to their entire discography. Going to mix it up a bit. It's been hard to rate tracks because they all continue into each other. I really like albums that do that, makes for a really nice soundscape but it means you can't really listen to the album on shuffles as well because, actually I don't know why, it does work... shut up me =p
It reminds me of another band or other bands but I'm no good at working out things like that. It's actually really good though. I think I tend to
accidentally listen to this music when I don't want to listen to fairly loud stuff which is bothersome but it is actually rather enjoyable. His voice is pretty rough, he sings in a kind of shouty way so it cracks a lot.
I really like track six: Gentlemen. It's just, I want to say nice but that is the wrong word for this kind of music. Like saying that a trashy, dirty photo is nice. It is because I quite like that style but it's not really nice. It's like that.
This music makes me want to buy a studio in a converted warehouse and wander around in scruffy, paint splattered jeans and a tank top. Dirty blond hair that's
unbrushed. Obscure art hanging on the wall that just looks like someone poured paint all over it. You know the type of scenario I mean. It's a good scenario.

Anyway basically it's a pretty good album and will be given a rating of:.5

Oh as a side point (because I don't want to interrupt my line of thought up there) I also really like (B) and Silencer... oooh a bonus track =3 hidden within The Cure For Pain. It's all acousticy... nice! It's actually beautiful. I'll probably split it from the full track so I can listen to it by itself. I like bonus material but I prefer it when they aren't joined to other tracks by a load of silence. Actually take the silence out of all bonus tracks and I will be so happy!

I have two other tracks: The Sun and The Moon (from Brother, Sister) and January 1979 (from Catch For Us the Foxes). They were also pretty good =). A new artist for me to get I think =D

Albums 2/100


Now to go back to reading
FMA =3333

Love Buttercup xxx

2 comments: