Tuesday 25 January 2011

She sometimes complains she's not perfect

So I woke up at 6.30am today, it sucks! I hate being up early, because the morning is lethargic for me, mostly owing to my sleeping tablets but also because I've never been a morning person.
Today is mostly going to be filled with revision (well in a little while because it's only 9am and that's really early T_T) but I'm also going to stretch out my legs a little and do some Tai Chi Chuan practise because I want to be a waterbender :p What I meant was I want to get better at it because it's actually really enjoyable. When I leave university I'm going to have to find somewhere that does it so I can continue! It's important that I do so.

Oh also, the nail varnish that was applied yesterday (two coats) has only one tiny seed-like-crumb of a chip out of it on one nail. That's pretty good for me :) I generally end up chipping it before the first day is over. Whoops :P

Musics? Yes music time:



Julia Marcell: It Might Like You

Julia Marcell is basically, in my opinion, like Regina Spektor when she is being more lyrical with a dash of Beccy Owen. That's pretty much all I have to say. There's lots of piano with singing over the top. She also makes use of strings, percussion, guitar etc. but you can primarily hear a pianist singing :)
What is interesting is that she calls herself classical punk; classical in ideas but punk in execution. I have her under alternative pop, which is the genre I listen to a lot.
I really like Outer Space, Married To Life, Fear Of Flying and from the Storm EP; Accordion Player and Twin Hearts.
Actually the Storm EP is really really good, and you know what? Don't take my word for it: FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF!
It's not about you anymore it's not about you.
The music is really easy going to listen to and is just nice. That's all really, it's nice music.


18/100

I try not to blog more than once a day but I can see me blogging more than that today. Oh well, I guess people can cope with it :p

Loving sleepily Buttercup xxx

1 comment:

  1. Aww, can't do lastfm :( Stupid Japanternets. I'll look her up though, she sounds intriguing. Been listening to a ridiculous amount of Regina Spektor lately.

    Also woot for Tai Chi! I miss it. I also wish I was even passably good at remembering the moves :(

    ReplyDelete