Saturday 1 January 2011

You should start as you mean to go on...

So it's the first day of the year. Did everyone bring in the new year nicely? Any hangovers? I'm fortunate in that I don't have one but I certainly enjoyed the drinking that happened last night and watching wor Scotty P again (Scott Pilgram vs. The World). Have you all made resolutions? I make resolutions every year, they generally don't make past a few months but there is no harm in trying is there? Not in the slightest in my opinion but I really enjoy trying to make myself into a better person.

And without further ado, the first review of the year, so it's headphones on (as my speakers still aren't fixed) and first up is...
it's A: Hi-Fi Serious
Whilst I listen to the album here is some information on the band and album for those who don't know them at all. A is a British alternative rock band (according to wiki). They've been playing since 1993 until 2005 and then sporadically afterwards. Hi-Fi Serious was released in 2002 and contains three singles, including Nothing. I best know that track from the Beyblade V-Force soundtrack because I am just that cool =D but that is really one of the best tracks on the album. I also really like Starbucks (the second single from the album).

Some of the tracks are rather pop-punk which to me is no bad thing. I had forgotten that I actually rather like this album. It's music that is good for tidying to, a very important genre! Sadly I find that the last four tracks are lacking what previous eight had. They aren't bad tracks just they aren't ones that I like as much, they seem more repetitive than is necessary but that could just be me.
Actually just as a side point the final track, also the title track, is really good when they stop singing and it becomes instrumental, it's like the last two minutes or something but it really made it better =)

Overall rating (1/100):

Ok that's about it for today I think... hopefully my next post will be more interesting and have lots of pretty pictures =)


Love Buttercup xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment