Wednesday 19 January 2011

The city is exploding and the people here are nuts!

Sorting through my Z music folder. Actually I'm generally sorting through my music to try and make things easier to find and stuff but anyway, the Z (Zed) folder. I had three folders in it. Zao, Zoey Van Goey and The Zutons. Zao... were really grumbly shouty. Like to the point I really couldn't tell what was being said. I don't see the point in that. I'm all for shouty music and everything but this was ridiculous. It sounded like someone hadn't mixed the voice properly or there was a conflict with some software/hardware here. So bye bye Zao. I don't even know where I got your tracks from (there were only 2 anyway) but it doesn't matter. Fare thee well and all that.

Next up Zoey Van Goey. I first heard these guys when they supported Beccy Owen =) and they are rather fantastic so review time!


Zoey Van Goey: The Cage Was Unlocked All Along

They're very lovely. They're rather acousticy (with some added synth and electronic effects in places). So they're basically what I listen to on a regular basis.

"When will the end come, the tv says it's on the way, same news since I was young, but with you in my arms the end won't come today." - We All Hid In Basements.
"So on the couch we pray to Super Mario for deliverance." - We All Hid In Basements again.

So if you like alternative pop/singer songwriter/folkish music then you probably won't go far wrong with these guys. They aren't the most well known band but they do have a new album coming out soon (14th Feb!) and it should be well worth a listen =)

"Do you remember how we met? paying off our student debt, we had no other plans so we taught English in Japan" - Two White Ghosts. Makes me think of Anna-chan who has gone of to Japan for a year =D

My favourite track by far is City Is Exploding. But there are no bad tracks on this album. The only one I don't really like is Nae Wonder. It's completely different and it's not one I care so much for. I used to uncheck it so it wouldn't play ever I didn't like it that much but it's not that bad anymore, just not a 5starer. The album as a whole is though!


16/100

The Zutons' tracks that I have are only from the various Live Lounge albums and generally I like the songs they have on there. First theing that I am sturck by is his voice. It's not half a bit odd. First track is Beautiful (Christina Aguilera cover) and it's pretty good. The other track is Valerie which wasn't bad either. Ok those tracks can stay. I wonder what the band sounds like normally and if I would like them =p

Aside from tidying, blogging and attempting to do work I'm not doing much these days. There is too much time to think which isn't so good. Good things though: I want to work in a shop or a bar/restaurant so I'm going to statr applying for jobs sooooon, I have good time talks with Blue who is my bestest friend evar because she is wonderful and we make plans for photoshoots!

Anyway... ooh head over to Blue's blog actually! She doesn't post regularly but when she does it's pretty good!

HERE BE BLOG

Laters y'all, Buttercup xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment