Wednesday 23 February 2011

I'm writing again. These letters to you, aren't much I know.

So it's been almost a week. Busy busy busy, that is what I seem to be all the time. Most of my time seems to be filled with preparation for G&S (sewing lots and lots and lots and lots). The show starts tomorrow and I still feel like there are more things I could do to prepare but I only have so much time, like the rest of you =).
I've started working on the score for the summer show as well. I'm copying up the music into Sibelius so our Musical Director to be can arrange it into the ensemble we have. That is going to take a lot of time to do but I'm already most of the way through the opening chorus number. It's something I'm pretty good at. I can copy music into Sib so fast now. Something that is really awesome is is that I am playing flute and piccolo in the summer show and not just acting. I enjoy being in the chorus and being on the stage but ultimately I don't like acting at all. I can stand and sing a song for you, that's fine, but ask me to act and I feel ill. I just don't enjoy it. So being involved almost purely in the musical aspect of the show in summer will be bliss. We're doing a reduced company version of HMS Pinafore. Or at least that's what it was, we may have too many people in it now to classify it as that =p. Aaaaand when I am on stage I get to be a sailor! Win =D.

So aside from G&S stuff, of which that has been the majority of my week, I haven't really done that much. EXCEPT! I did go out to the My Chemical Romance gig last night =D. It was awesome.
First off, we apparently missed the opening support act, which I didn't mind missing really because I have no clue who they were and standing at gigs is really tiring. The second support was Blackout, some Welsh band. That's about all I know about them. Their music was ok. Nothing that really held my interest very much. UNTIL! They decided half way through their set that they would ask everyone in the room (at least all the people standing anyway) to kneel. On the ground. For MCR. Now I was in a miniskirt but even without that I sure as hell wasn't going to get on the floor at the Arena. The floor is covered in muck! So Danzel and I stood whilst all these scene/emo/indie kids got down on the floor. I'm not even kidding, they actually did what they were asked to do. It was genuinely hilarious. The best part was that they could see the two of us laughing at the whole situation. Danzel was wearing a red version of the Black Parade jacket (kinda, it's not an official one but it does look pretty good) and they spotted that.
One of the guys in Blackout: Hey you, you there in the jacket! Yeah you. You're a fan of MCR!
*Danzel shakes head whilst still laughing loads*
Same guy: Kneel for them!

Or something like that. It was pretty hilarious. It was pretty much "Nah mate, we ain't kneeling for anyone!". Although our respect for them increased again when to someone else they shouted:
"Get on your knees or get the fuck out!"
It was so funny, but you probably had to be there. I think they almost became a good band for that. Their music didn't get any better but we certainly we still impressed by the end of the gig with that and the fact that there were a lot of scene kids doing stupid stuff just coz they were told to. Like I said, you probably had to be there =p.

The actual gig was... a little slow to start off to be honest. I mean they opened with Nanananananananana which was really good but then it tailed off for a while. It picked up again pretty soon which was good. They played one track from Bullets, a couple from Three Cheers and the rest was from Black Parade or Danger Days. Here are the tracks I remember:
  • Helena, I'm Not Ok, The Ghost Of You
  • Welcome To The Black Parade, Cancer, Mama, Teenagers
  • Nananananananananananana, Bulletproof Heart, SING, Planetary (GO!), The Only Hope For Me Is You, Summertime, Destroya, The Kids From Yesterday, Vampire Money
I have a feeling I am missing a couple there but that's still a lot of tracks. I was certainly impressed with how long they played for. The only other even that happened was that someone in one of the front rows fainted and it took about 10 people to deal with it. She must have been well out of it. They had to climb in and carry her out through the crowd. The band looked really concerned and Gerard even had to stop everything and say that they had to just wait a minute and afterwards asked everyone to applaud the security and medical people. It was quite sweet how concerned he looked whilst it was happening. He's so sweet.

MCR: SING played live at the BBC

Onto Wednesday things:

A standing ovation.
Ok it doesn't need to be that much but it would be nice. I just want the show to go well. So many people have put so much effort into it that I would really like it to go well. I would like people to applaud and to laugh at the right parts and to enjoy it. It would just be nice is all =)

I want to be that person.
I would like to get some proper sleep at some point. I had only just caught up with my sleeping patterns and then I went to see MCR and now I'm all out again. I'm going to be wrecked for a while. Really I just want to curl up and have a nap right now but I have a feeling that if I did that then I would not wake up in time for the dress rehearsal.

MONEY!
Or more precisely I would like a job. It's not just for the money it's also so my days are broken up better. But some more money would be really good... really really good. Money and a more structured week. Just some little things really.

Aaaaaaand finally!

 Finch: What It Is To Burn
This album is ooooooooold! Or at least it is to me. I'll find out what year it was released... 2002?! Man that's 9 years ago. I don't know if it feels like this album is really old or if I'm feeling old. I got that at the MCR gig. I felt so old comparatively to a lot of the audience. But that was then and this is now. This album is the better of their two albums (the other being Say Hello To Sunshine). It's very... rock bandy with loud vocals. Good loud music. There are some quieter tracks and some more interesting tracks (like the 13:30minute Ender with some interesting effects) but ultimately it's quite similar in style all the way through. =) It has some really good tunes that you can belt, some lovely harmonies (What it is to burn (track) right at the end = nom). They're a bit whiny but it's nothing too much that can't be handled.
Best tracks:
  • Letters To You (blog title) But I'm not sleeping, you're not here // The thought stops my heart
  • Post Script The worst is over for now // Take a breath, now let it out
  • Perfection Through Silence Fold the corners, break the silence // Fold the corners, just for tonight.
  • Three Simple Words With my hands around your neck // Who will stop me now?
  • Ender And here we are to sing you a song // And there you are asleep again
  • What It Is To Burn She's the only one who knows, what it is to burn
 36/100

I think that's all for now
I'll let you know how the show goes later =)
Love Buttercup xxx

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous about the summer show! Even more so now you get to be a sailor! I bet it is going to be so much fun, and you don't even need to learn a whole new score or anything. I want to be in a show :( But anyway good luck for this one, in the meantime :P

    Poor Welsh band.

    ReplyDelete