Wednesday 2 February 2011

Don't you think I'm interesting? Well, I'm listening.

Yes I know, it's wednesday. I'm really lethargic again (even though I slept for 12 hours) I will get to wishlisting later tonight.

 Quietdrive: When All That's Left Is You

Ok so this is yet another punk pop album and maybe I'm just over killing on this genre but not many of the tracks really stand out to me, aside from the ones I already knew: Maybe Misery, The season and Time After Time (yes it's a cover of the track you think it is). I was going to review some Placebo but I still need to sort out the tracks on my computer, which I have almost finished now so I might review some good old Placebo later, after I've gone and bought some rat food because I'm all out of nommies for my babies.
But yes this album is good if you like inoffensive teeny-pop punk and I do, just this album doesn't grab me right now. With time the tracks may improve in rating but right now they're good background sound. You can rest easy if you make a mixed playlist for a party and shove these guys on somewhere. People won't be offended but then again people probably won't notice that they've been on either, except with Time After Time where I can imagine that quite a few people will sing along.
The lead singer has a rather nice voice though, which is good especially when it's the vocals that you will be noticing the most when you listen to a song. He's a bit whiny but not too much and rather American. 
Basically the music is nice but it isn't anything that you wouldn't notice that much. I would keep dancing in a club if it came on and I might realise I've heard it before, I would even get up to dance to this music but I wouldn't jump up for it.

22/100

Until later,
Love Buttercup xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment