Wednesday 2 February 2011

I know, you've got me wrapped around your finger.

So I went out with mama to the pet shop and bought my rat food that I needed so that's done now. Came home and catalogued my CDs and vinyls. Those who know me know I like to buy a lot of music. For those who don't know me or don't realise the extent of this here are some numbers to throw around:
Albums: 233
Singles: 122 (1 is in USB format)
EPs: 26
Vinyls: 27 (Those are in the singles and EPs count as they are singles and EPs so this doesn't count towards the final total. I also have a double of one vinyl/single but that isn't counted either. It was bought to get it signed before the one I had already bought arrived.)
OSTs: 31
Various other albums: 19

So in total I have 421 music giving devices. That's how much I like to buy music. I have a lot of friends who like to have a lot of music but I think I have the largest hardcopy music collection of people I am friends with. I'm not going to say the largest collection of hardcopies of people I know because I know some parents have HUGE ASS collections but they've had more time to accumulate.
I also have 4 albums on the way from amazon. This is all building to my first entry for this week's wishlist.

More CD storage space.
Actually this isn't the only amount of space I would like more of. I will be starting on cataloguing my books soon and there isn't a shelf that isn't double parked with my books. I own too much stuff for my room. I have mentioned that it is small before but  it is really annoyingly small. When I move into my own place I am going to own a small library... or a somewhat medium sized one for normal people (not comparatively to actual libraries owned by councils and stuff, they are in their own league). I want to have shelves of my books, on one or even two walls, a wall of my cds. Some comfy chairs to sit and read in, I'd like a leather one because I feel like there should be one, behind a big old wooden desk. Thick carpet. The works. But really all I want right now is some more storage space. Just a little more. Otherwise I'm going to have to box some things up again and send them away from my personal space and that is sad.
Just a nice library space... to sit beside my studio... ahh well I can dream!

 I really like heeled Doc Martins.
Actually I really like shoes that aren't meant to be heeled but are. Like when you get Converse with high heels? Nom! Although they are really impractical for me because the ones I have seen have pointy toes and I have little fat stubby toes. This is where DMs are useful. They are round toed and very practical. I really like the brogue style ones on the left but they are very similar to a pair I already have so really the red ones would be better because I don't have any like that... but then we come across another problem... I cannot walk in heels. I have never been able to. Weak ankles from a fall when I was little has meant that things like high heels and ice-skating were ruled out for me (I actually really enjoy iceskating as well but I can't walk afterwards and my ankles swell up loads) :sadface: but I might practise in the little heeled town shoes I bought a couple of years ago from Primark and see if I can't get used to it!

Not what you think.
I have a few friends who will understand what I mean with this one. I wish that I didn't need pills to function on a daily basis. it would be awesome if my pills were that brightly coloured but we can't have everything hahahaha. Yeah so this is a lot closer to where I keep my cards but let's see where I take this. I would love to not have to take the pills I have to take. Ok so two of my ten that I take are vitamins: multi-vit with iron and cod liver oil. There should also be two calcium tablets in that lot but I can't find them. Maybe I need to buy some more. I take a melatonin tablet, and for those who don't have any or many sleeping problems you won't realise that this is also a bit like a vitamin. Melatonin is something your brain produces during the night to make you sleepy. The blue light in day time (in the light spectrum) is what keeps you awake as it inhibits the production of melatonin. I may or may not produce enough which could explain my lack of being tired on a regular basis (really basic explanation but just go with it, this is how I remember it).
This is a pretty common thing for people to be put onto when they can't sleep very well. I didn't know about it until I was put on it but now I do I hear the word a lot. Then I take four of one drug that is an anti-depressant and three of another that is a sedative. I can't tell you for sure which is the one I need the most but as you will have noticed I call myself an insomniac (blog title and blog url). This really isn't just messing around or exaggerating. I really do need to take meds
My meds also make me really lethargic and sleepy during the day, then I've woken up by bedtime in time to knock myself out again. Drifting through my days like this is really nasty.

Ok something happier... because that was getting pretty deep...
I love kitsch.
I love heartshaped glasses. I tried to find some last summer but I couldn't find any that I liked. They were all just not quite right. It's hard to get ones with really dark lenses. But imagine a pair of those, a summer/cocktail dress, red lipstick, sitting in a park with friends... ok so most of that is really only for girls to imagine. I really do love kitschy cute things though. Like paperchase. They're really good at bringing a smile to the face simply because their items are cute for no reason other than they can. I like things like that. Absurdly cute because it just wanted to be! I guess it's why I stopped hating being called cute. 
Everyone used to call me cute. I'm not kidding, literally everyone. Some people now will sit back and go "What? Wait a minute though aren't you that really grumpy person who complains a lot and is constantly in  bad or miserable mood." Yes that is the me you probably see a lot of. See the previous wish to find out why. Two things cause my bad moods; being tired and being in a bad mood (yeah... nyeh it's true anyway). When I'm not in a bad mood though I'm pretty bouncy actually.
Since I was in high school I was called cute by my friends. It's a mixture of being on the smallish size (although I have grown up a bit since then) and acting relatively immature for my age. It also helps that I'm a bit dense and innocent. Nyeh it's just something that I am and it's why I stopped telling people that I'm not cute *pouts*. I guess that didn't help my cause either ¬¬.


So that's this week's list of things that I can't have (except the shoes... I can actually buy those if I feel so inclined).

Remember how I said I wanted to listen to Placebo?
Placebo: Placebo (with the added bonus demos/B-sides from the re-released 10th anniversary version)

Ah Placebo! My good old friend. Ok how to review them... Well since today I've rambled a lot let's ramble some more. It was year 9 (2002 / 13ish years old) and I reckon it was History... either that or German... neither subject I was very good at. Jonny L (some of you will know who I mean) had an mp3 player (I presume or it could have been a walkman. I know I had one in high school well before an mp3 player). Anyway so here was this kid, who I thought was pretty awesome. He had piercings and seemed like a bit of a rebellious person, I was the quiet kid, I looked very normal back then. No piercings, listened to mostly pop music, a bit of a nerd/geek/swot any of these words work. I was trying to hide and get good grades at the same time. He introduced me to this album (then Blue introduced me to Pure Morning... that was good arting times!). I then proceeded to borrow it from the library and listened to it a lot.
It's French whine and really I think I like these guys a lot simply for their whine. He has this lazy way of singing that is very nice.
Best tracks? Nancy Boy, I Know... actually I love this entire album. I'm not so fussed on the bonus tracks but they are B-Sides and demos so it's not surprising. In fact this entire album is fabulous and reminds me so much of my teen years. This and the next few albums... I listened to this, BMM, WYIN a lot for a while. It's good to get back to it.
I like albums with stories behind them.

22/100

I think that's enough blather from me for today,
love Buttercup xxx

1 comment:

  1. It makes me sad to read about your problems with insomnia and stuff :( I wish you could be wakeful and happy all the time!

    I like the whole park mental image with the cute things. And you're still cute. Even when you're grumpy! I was thinking so literally just before you mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete