Thursday 17 February 2011

Girlie, girlie you're at your best when you're sober.

So for those of you who aren't on my facebook and I haven't already shouted gleefully at I got 62% for my exam in January. I put a link there because that is when I told you guys on here about the exam. Ooh look, interlinking! =3
I'm really happy with that mark. Some people would probably tell me I could have done better, many people will have done better but it's a 2.1 and that's really the main thing. I seem to be heading for an overall 2.1 mark which is nice. My average at the moment is 61.3 which isn't too shoddy really =)

It's strange because lots of people tell me that I am intelligent, that I can do all the work and understand it and stuff but I often feel that I'm not as clever as the rest of the people on my course. I genuinely feel stupid a lot of the time. I'm good at the art of "annotation" also known as bullshitting. I'm very very good at it but then I wonder if maybe there is some intelligence within that somewhere. It's just hard for me to access that part of my brain. I'm not that egotistical, I'm too self depreciative for that. I know that I have some good points. For instance Ralph told me I should audition for the summer show with our G&S society but I know that I am not a role person (being a soprano that would generally involve being the lead and in HMS Pinafore which is the summer show there are only 3 females: the lead sop, and alto role and a bit part female role) also there are people who are much better at singing than I. I am a very good chorus member. I am loud and generally in tune. I know where my strength is and that is in belting a tune. I feel faily at acting although I can act pretty ok at being chorusy and flocky. Having the main focus on me is scary, learning lines is really hard. I don't remember words very well. I remember music not words.
I know I am pretty enough (when my face isn't covered in spots and I'm not being an idiot) and can take a pretty good photo (especially when Blue is photographing because she's really good at getting my best). But I certainly wouldn't say I was anything special. Being able to say that I think I'm not bad to look at has taken me a long time and that is pretty good going for me really =D

It helps when enough people tell you something to make you believe something. Although I suppose that doesn't work for religion and stuff for me. Man I come up with something and then shoot myself back down again with my own logic. I should stop playing Devil's advocate, especially against myself, it just makes me look really indecisive. Or should I? =p


Cute Is What We Aim For: The Same Old Blood rush With A New Touch

Punk pop how I love you. These guys are pretty good, they stand out a little bit more than your average and I don't think that's particularly because of their sound. They're good, technically. The mix is well balanced and their lyrics are nice.
On the topic of lyrics I LOVE: Risque, The Fourth Drink Instinct (blog title), Newport Living and The Curse Of Curves.
Actually their sound isn't too heavy. I think that's what I really like about them, it's a nice light sound, not too much going on. It makes a change from a lot of music right now. It's open and spacey and gives room for the singer to come through easily. There is, from what I can tell, the standard rock set up: singer, guitar, bass and drums but it's mixed differently to usual and that's nice.
It's real nice.
If you don't know these guys check out one of those four songs I mentioned or check out a track called I Don't Care If It's The Moon. A beautiful unreleased track that I think is just wonderful and is a favourite of mine. I don't know where it came from either. There have been lyrics put up for a band called Cherry Bing who seem to have had some link to CiWWAF but I can't find out that much about them.

35/100

Also in case you were interested after the previous blog:
That is a small section of my new shoes. It's from my flickr so if you haven't already you should head over there and check it out! I take some ok pictures =D

Off to bed with me =)
Nanight
Love Buttercup xxx

5 comments:

  1. "a bit-part female role"? Oi! Poor Hebe, crushed again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heheh that was me not remembering what range she was (although since I knew you played her I should have remembered that it was alto =p), although technically she is a small role. It is comparatively speaking when you look at the male roles that there are.
    You played her magnificently though.
    Love you Bette =D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think technically she's actually a mezzo (Hebe, that is, not Bette).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah boo shucks to you all =p

    I can't remember these things... I barely remember being in that show as it is, even if it was only a year ago.
    I remember Patience better than HMSP. =\

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe, yeah, you're both right - Hebe is a mezzo, and she IS the smallest part of the three. Interesting(ish) fact - most of her speaking lines were cut from the original production because they replaced the actress at the last moment and Jessie Bond didn't want to do any acting, and they usually stay cut - I'm lucky Richard put her lines back in!! Good times, though. I think Pinafore was my favourite of all our G&Ses.

    ReplyDelete