Monday 7 February 2011

You sing the words but still don't know what it means

So the cold is now in full swing, which is a shame because I've just bought a nice new hat and would love to show it to you guys but I have unkempt hair and look terrible so maybe later. It is a pretty cool hat though =D there will be a photo up soon enough when I don't feel like my nose is five times larger than normal and stuff.

I could just give you a picture of someone else wearing the hat or just the hat itself but that's not the same so I won't and you will have to wait... not like it will really make that much difference but oooh suspense =p

I also got post this morning (yay =D) and as we all know, I LOVE GETTING POST! Yes it was from amazon and yes I was expecting it but that doesn't make it any less awesome! So inside this package was:
  • Wrist weights: 0.5kg each. Starting off lightest so that I don't wreck my body or anything. They're cute in sky blue and grey and by Reebok. Just something to build up some upper body strength.
  • Two books: Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray and Rachel Vincent's Rogue (second in the Shifters (werecats) series).
I'm still waiting on three (I think) cds so that's nice and will be a nice surprise when it gets here =D

My Chemical Romance L-R
I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love
Three Cheers For Sweet Romance

Ok a double whammy because I listened to them both whilst trying not to die of illness. There is an easy way to sum up this: I don't care that much for the earlier MCR. In fact we have a progression! IBYMBblahblahblah is pretty meh to me and Three Cheers has some pretty good tracks on it but isn't as consistent for me as their two more recent albums. The tracks I like are, unsurprisingly, mostly released singles. The sound isn't very different, they just haven't quite worked out what they were doing at that point. I know, I know to the "real" fans they "sold out" with Black Parade but I stand by that they did a really good job on it. They made lots of fans, lots of records and lots of money. Who cares if that seems to be the logic of the words "sell out"? They probably enjoyed making all their albums or else why bother on doing it?
Whoops being argumentative... my bad.


25&26/100 (respectively)
I feel bad giving a three star rating but it really was a meh album for me. =\

'Til next time
Love Buttercup xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment