Saturday 12 February 2011

Yes it's all false love and affection. You don't like me, you just want the attention.

So I've been making costumes today for the show I am in at the end of the month. 4 of 6 skirts are done. It's quite scary work because I get worried that I haven't done something right or that I should have done this or that. It's because it's not something for me, it's for my Gilbert & Sullivan society. It's their money. Scary. We're doing The Grand Duke this year as our main show. I don't really understand the plot too well but there are weddings, plots, overthrowing of power, confusion and lots of singing. Thankfully G&S doesn't change very much regardless of what you are doing. It makes me happy. It's all rather silly and that is awesome. Those who read this and know me should come see it. Those who read this and know me but are in the show already... good, make sure you are there =p

Back to costumes, I'm only doing the pinning sewing though, I've got mama doing all the cutting for me. I'm way too scared to cut things out. Things go wrong at that stage and that's the scary part. I'm terrified of cutting fabric. It's very permanent. I like sewing though. I like taking, in this case, two pieces of fabric sewing down a side and doing a couple of hems, wack a piece of elastic in and voila! A skirt! It's so easy and wonderful and there is that sense of satisfaction you get when you've done a thing and it looks as you wanted it to. It can be stressful and horrible when it goes wrong but when all is going well it's marvellous.

Something I did see this morning, whilst settling in front of the sewing machine (I'm not that slow at sewing ,I just like to take lots and lots of breaks), was an interview on T4 with Gerard Way. Now this was good because it reminded me on the matter that I am going to see MCR very soon =D but something that was really sweet as they were asking him on if he was good at wooing people and how he would woo them (as it's valentine's day soon and their band is MCRomance ¬¬ it was bad jokings) and he went practically the same shade as his hair. Guys who blush are really cute =3. He got all embarrassed and said 1. They would have to ask his wife and 2. it is a secret.

Some images so you know who he is in case you don't.
I personally find him a bit tasty =) nom.

Linking in from his beautiful red hair, I have, of those who were following previously, finally been able to order my atomic pink hair dye from special effects. Never used these people before and it was more money than I normally spend on hair dye (£11.70 inc. p&p) but hopefully it will be good. Mind you though red is rather tempting. Red looked good on me when I used it last time but no, pink for now and then we shall see where we go. I promise to put up some nicely camwhored photos on here when it's done.
I am yet to show you my new hat. Damn, and my hair is nasty today. I'll try and remember to take a photo tomorrow with it on. I personally think it's rather cute anyway and I am a major fan of the things in life that are cute. ^_^

I should really get on with sewing but a review before I go back to the grind.

La Roux: La Roux

Ok there had been a lot of hype around this lady. This album was released at a similar time to when Lady Gaga was making waves in the industry and people were really into the electropop side of the charts. Now this is not such a bad thing in my opinion. I love electropop and the genres surrounding. It's up beat, dancey, generally pretty happy (at least in the sound) and makes me think of summer. These are all good things.
This album isn't bad, it's just it's nothing special to me. I wouldn't skip the tracks if they came on during a playlist or on shuffle but there wasn't anything that instantly jumped out at me and said "play me now and again later and again soon!" it was all nice enough but nothing that made even the artist stand out to me.
It was a shame but like I said, it wasn't bad. There were a couple of tracks that I really enjoyed (Tigerlily, Bulletproof and I'm Not Your Toy) but maybe it needs more time. I'm mostly doing these reviews without the time aspect that it takes for an album to become great. Over time the new MCR album has become even better than my first reviewings. But I enjoy doing my first impact review, how the album hits me the first time I hear it properly. I like knowing that I have listened to an album all the way through and then when it comes on again being able to hear things I didn't before.

Anyway. Good album if you like electropop.

32/100

Until later my petals
Love Buttercup xxx

p.s. eeeeeeeeee blog #30 already! =D

2 comments:

  1. Yay costumes. I know what you mean about the cutting, that always seemed to be where it went wrong, even if you totally thought it was measured and cut exactly how it was meant to be. I'd still rather cut than sew though :P

    30 is loads! That's like 2 every 3 days! Impressive. And a third of the way there on reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree on the La Roux - with all the hype, I was expecting something better.
    Again, your favourite tracks are my favourite tracks :p

    Gerald with flame hair? NOMS.

    ReplyDelete