Tuesday 22 March 2011

Tell you that I love you then I'll tear your world apart, just pretend I didn't tear your world apart

Everything is a bit topsy-turvy at the moment. I'm totally mood-bonkers so doing things is really hard but here is a blog because I have things to say! I've something to say, I've something to say! (She's something, she's something, she's something, she's something to say).

So I was trawling (not trolling) the internet and I came across something really pretty:


I could possibly find out how to embed that into this blog but really go read it, it's beautiful. The style is fabulous and the story is going to make me cry by the end I can just tell! I almost have done twice, it's just so beautiful. I wish I could make things that wonderful. I hope that she releases a book format (the author already has a publisher and they're going to make an iPhone interactive book but I don't have an iPhone so I want to be able to buy a colour book). I <3 Sen because he is a dreamer and I have a soft spot for that type of person and Kai is so sweet and caring... just go read it now! It'll take you about 10 minutes to read/watch all 3 chapters and the bonus ones (there are links on each chapter page to the corresponding bonus and next chapter). I don't know when the next one is out but I want more now! *Impatient*

I've been playing Pokemon Black recently (Jona bought it for me but I guess I make up for it by buying Xbox360 games and letting him play them =p) and it's a bit weird but it's certainly pretty good. I've not played much because we're doing the collection of starters at the moment so I've only played just past the first gym but I can certainly give some thoughts. Firstly the girl character (over on the far left) you can be is a bit silly looking (seriously what is with all that hair?) and I'm almost tempted to play as a boy  (who looks kind of like a girl anyway) because of it and that never happens in games for me. But I'll probably play as a female in the end anyway... it's just a bit bothersome, superficial but bothersome =p. I've taken to some of the pokemon already actually. It's kind of like playing Red/Blue again for the first time because I don't know any of them properly yet. It's good fun =) 

Here are some more characters:

This is Cheren (I think... I call him Ishida because he's basically the same character hahahahahaha =D) and Bianca (also known as dense hooka or other negative terms). They're ok. Actually they have a lot of potential. One takes the pokemon strongest against you (shock! Like so many of the other games!) and the other takes the weaker (guess who is who ¬¬). Bianca is the ditz, they've really gone quite far on stereotyping there but she might have a possibly good story going on, I just haven't got far enough. Ishida is smarmy and reckons he knows everything and is all tactical and everything. Which sucks for him because I keep beating him =p.




Here is the main gripe actually... the bad guys ¬¬
These are the main bad guys I have met so far (excluding the mysterious N, because he's, at the moment, on neither side... although try not to look into it too far because there are some really obvious similarities going on if you look on the internet at certain people's pictures (digging a hole here ¬¬).


















The original Team Rocket (from Pokemon Blue, Red, Yellow, Gold, Silver and possibly Crystal? and the remakes of those said games). I think they were only in those games but I haven't played the 3rd or 4th gen games. The people on the right are Team Plasma. They're... well... naff. Team R were out there causing mischief, trying to steal that one pikachu and trying to take over the world. So far Team P have told me that they are battling to free pokemon from their masters. It's a bit contradictory and they go around stealing pokemon but so far they just seem lame in comparison, Especially when you compare their bosses.














Ok ignore the bright orange 90's suit, or don't if you like orange, it was the best picture I could find from the anime, in some images he's wearing a black suit. Team R had Giovanni who seems to be based on the old school mafia style bosses. There is even a map in the background for him to world dominate with and he's drinking a whiskeyish looking drink! He was the cool bad guy. Then on the right we have Team P's Ghetis... I had to go look up that name. It's ridiculous. I do not care for these bad guys at all. They're no team rocket.





Technically neither were these guys, they were pretty anti Team Rocket but you gotta love them anyway =D (don't ask why Jesse's hair is purple... some of the anime screenshots are and some are red... I think it depends on the series... I just like their smiles).

Basically the game is good if you like pokemon, it's basically the same game but with different characters. It's cute, the music isn't that bad and the graphics are pretty good for a DS. It's not the best game ever, and it's not even the best pokemon game ever but it's good, so far =)


Ok enough of pokemon.

I've been listening to a lot of music since I last blogged so here are 6 reviews, I'll try and keep them relatively short =p

Ok... formatting is playing up and it won't let me do things how I want... rubbish.


Ah hah! Got it working again. Ok so this album was pretty good actually. She's shot up to fame pretty quickly and I was worried that I would get the overhype monster coming down and ruining it for me but no she's pretty good. A nice voice, a bit souly which makes a change for me. I really like Chasing Pavements (you know that really big his she had), Daydreamer, Melt My Heart To Stone and Hometown Glory. It's a pretty good album and worth a peek at if you have time. I'm certainly going to look into her second album. Actually I started listening to this one because a fellow G&Ser sang one of her songs at karaoke and it was amazing. Mostly because of the G&Ser but it piqued my interest.

The Airborne Toxic Event (self titled album) are unashamedly indie. It was the first thing I thought "my gosh how indie are you guys?" The album wasn't bad; it was uninsulting and I won't mind if the music comes on again when on shuffle. I won't immediately think to listen to them again though. If you like indie rock or pop you'll probably like these guys. I like their name though, that's really cute =3

Fave track: Sometime Around Midnight


Ok I mostly stopped listening to rawr rawr rawr music. I couldn't tell what they were saying and it was just a bit gratey on my ears. I tried to be an angry little goth teenager but ultimately I preferred pop and rock and wearing all black didn't really work for me (and I certainly couldn't be bothered with the make up part =p). BUT the point of the matter is is that I thought From Autumn To Ashes huh? This will be easy *hovers over the delete button*. But I was shocked. Ok I know that I like the thrack Autumn Monologue by them but Abandon Your Friends is a pretty decent album. There is still the shouty rawr in places but also pretty melodies. A couple of tracks were unlistenable but that might have been the rip. Most were actually pretty ok. They weren't deleted and I may have to actually listen to their other albums that I have by them. I may be pleasantly surprised by their music =)

I like DCfC. I knew that already. Plans is the album that I already knew some tracks from so I started with that one. Weirdly some of the tracks sound very Owl Cityish so clearly Mr Owl City man listened to them... or it is coincidence. But yeah wonderful album. This one has the wonderful tracks of; Someday You Will Be Loved, I Will Follow You Into The Dark, Marching Bands Of Manhattan and Crooked Teeth. Their alternative rock indie stuff and quite chilled. It was good times.



 

 Finally, I listened through all of the Kimya Dawson music I had. She's a bit of a wild card. Some of her tracks are borderline genius (in my opinion of course, I know some people who hate her full stop), and some of her other tracks are just beyond me. She's barmy, that's certainly something I can tell. I first heard her music on the Juno film (which is indie as hell and I love it so much!) and her tunes are catchy because they're very simple. They're also pretty repetitive but her songs are mostly for the lyrics. My favourite album is definitely Remember That I Love You.
Fave tracks from everything I have?:

RTILY
  • Loose Lips
  • I Like Giants
  • I Miss You
  • France
  • 12/26
I'm Sorry That I'm Mean Sometimes
  • Hold My Hand
  • Everything's Alright
Juno OSTs
  • Rollercoaster
  • Sleep
  • So Nice So Smart (blog title)
  • All I Want Is You
 (both)

40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45


Ok that's all for now folks =)
Just remember that I love you
Buttercup xxx

3 comments:

  1. I think Team Rocket boss's drink is clear, and is reflecting his skin tone. Maybe a gin?

    Cos that was clearly the most crucial point in your post ¬¬ :-P

    (still fail at Tower Defence)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Airborne Toxic Event? Isn't that from Buffy? Pretty sure at some point Principal Snyder says to Xander "Everything that comes out of your mouth is an airborne toxic event," or words to that effect.
    And that is clearly the most crucial point in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazy: Could well be! Or maybe it's just iced water =) He'd be so hardcore! And tower defence is fab except that you tend to fail on the last couple of levels and that's just horrifically demoralising.

    Ralph: I don't know anything about the Buffy thing but Wikipedia states that they take their name from White Noise by Don DeLillo (1985) so I have a feeling the term was used before Buffy... maybe =p

    ReplyDelete