Saturday 2 April 2011

You can fall for chains of silver, you can fall for chains of gold

I've been neglecting my blogspace. I'm terrible =p... Actually I've not been doing that much really. Sleeping a lot. I seem to be terribly lacking in energy all the time and I'm not really sure why. Sleeping 12hours isn't even helping and normally that's one of the cures for me. Oh well.
Been doing quite a bit of work... I should really be doing more but I'm doing what I can so hopefully I'll graduate from uni this year. Not doing a masters... because well... a masters in music isn't going to help me get anywhere with anything so I'm just going to call it a day with my official musical education. I'm hopefully going to keep it up but at the moment I am far more interested in photography than music... whoops. I also may well be making some pewter pendants with the huge lump of lead-free pewter daddy gave me and the polymorph to make the master. I'm rather excited to try it out but I'm waiting for some extra time to play. I think I might draw up some designs... start off really basic but hopefully I'll be making more complicated designs. Proper metal work!
Also may be getting a little tutor help from daddy's friend at work who does a lot of jewellery design. Win!

I'll tell you if I start taking requests =p

I've noticed my hair is well fading fast... for a dye that everyone reviewed as the most longlasting semi-permanent dye it might as well be called permanent... it's not doing too great in my books. Idk... I expected something a little, better? The underneath that I play with (because it's so soft) and rubs against my clothes seems like it's completed reverted to my natural colour. Same with the strands that get tucked behind my ears. I might pick up some stargazer just before graduation to top it up (unless mama is really against me having pink hair for grad =p). Maybe my hair is trying to tell me that it's had enough of dyes and is rejecting it any way it can.

I finished my first MSH (monthly scavenger hunt) in March. 
 The mosaic of images that I submitted. From L-R
Hello Kitty!, Arch, Volume, Error Message, Cash Only.
Available, Marker, Escalator, Rough, Acid.
Washer, Illuminate, London Bridge, Limo, Ticket To Ride
Rainbow, Arrange, Vein, Elevator, Lips.

I'm really proud of myself for that because all of my photos were new for that month. Some people use quite a bit of archive work and it's allowed so that's not a bother but I like to only submit new works. Going to start work on this month's batch as well. I already have some ideas so that's a good start. But there are some mighty tricky ones! Some of them I was pretty proud of if I'm honest. I worked pretty hard to get the colours just right (as that is one of the most important things to me). I love colour! And macro =D

I've been playing a lot of guitar recently and if my throat would finally fix itself then I would be doing it a lot more. I'm enjoying singing Soul of Fireflies, California Dreamin' and Romeo and Juliet. They're my favourite ones right now =) maybe I'll let you hear one when I'm able to sing, and not mess up at least one chord everytime I play =p

I finished reading a book. The second of the Acorna series:

This book is turning more and more into the Tower and Hive series but I'm forgiving it for the fact that I love that series and this one is just as good so far. One thing I'm happy about is that I noticed that the name Johnny Greene (a character in this book) was familiar. Apparently he appears in every series (a bit like Cid from FF... yes I just compared AMcC to FF)... I only recognised his name from T&H (when I say that I combine T&H with The Pegasus trilogy where I actually remember his name from but there is a Gollee Gren who apparently is a variant name: The Johnny Greene Thread some seem tenuous at best... but that's probably because she didn't want literally the same name throughout) but that means he should also be in Dragons of Pern (although I don't remember his name... oh well I may just have to reread it all to find him! =p).
Anyway the plot is pretty good, I really like the characters and there are a lot of mishaps that occur that you could just imagine happening IRL. They're the sort that you would just happen because they would annoy you. Trust me, I do know what I'm saying even if I don't make any sense. If you like Sci-Fi/Fantasy (not either or... I actually mean a combo of the two) then you will probably like this. I can't wait to read the next two but I've started on a different book in the mean time and I'm already half way through =p (although it is a collection of short stories so it won't take long).


Okies I have stuff to do...
Love Buttercup xxx

1 comment: