Saturday 23 April 2011

Who are you, who who who who?

Ok so I've neglected blogging for a while... which is annoying because I've read books that I should review and listened to music that I should review but I just don't have the time to sit and blog for an hour or so. When I'm not working I'm taking breaks in the form of not writing so while I could blog in my breaks it's writing and that makes the break feel less breaky.

Since the last blog I have read: Ink Exchange and Fragile Eternity (both by Melissa Marr) and started on Acorna's People (Anne McCaffrey). I've bought a greatest hits of The Who (because they are awesome and CSI is awesome) and fallen further in love with MCR and started learning tab for Unintended to see if I can't crack guitar tabs (also learning to bar chord which is starting to work sometimes =D). I've played on Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 with my brother (FPS) (he's better than I am), Viva Pinata (again) and some Dynasty Warriors 6 (again). I've been to a concert, rehearsals, slept to much and worked too little. I've fallen back in love with classical music, especially the more modern, slightly dissonant music.
I've eaten more candy in the past couple of days than I have in the past few months and I'm still going. I'm no further forward with my tai chi but I'm still going with it because it is the most wonderfully soothing thing to do.
I've gained a piercing and now have 7 which is a better number but I'm still trying to work out if I can feasibly make it to 11 without looking overkill... if I can't I'll have to settle on 9.

I've been snapping pictures on my camera as often as I can, but losing days through working. I've discovered the joys of Spotify for my work but can't ever see it replacing iTunes and buying cds. I've looked though old photos and remembered that the old days before medication weren't actually all that bad sometimes.

I've realised that I am who I am and that is who I want to be.

I'm not moving out any time soon but I'm kind of ok with that. I would love more room space but don't have the mental strength yet to tackle living without the parental wing to guide me and keep me safe.

I can finally climb my bed-ladder without anything on it (except my current book and iPod for nighttimes). and I don't remember the last time that was actually possible.

I'm hermitising but actually don't feel too bad for it, although I should get out and see more people... maybe in a month when uni is finally over.

I'm looking forward to the new American McGee's Alice game and I'm very much determined to play through the original (360 download) before cracking into the sequel and completing that! Also rather determined to make some progress again on Persona 4 and to finish FFXIII this summer and maybe crack open Dragon Age again. 

At some point I'm going to start looking for jobs but it's of no hurry anymore since I'm not moving out.

I have a lot of work to do and I'm not sure how I will finish it in time but I have to because it's the final stretch. This is it. No more past this. I'm aiming for a 2.1. I might hit lower, I mostly likely won't hit higher but that is my aim. I'll keep going until I make it. Sure there may be some late nights and early mornings and some removal of the internet to force work out but it will get done. I will finish this damned degree. Then I shall drink and sleep and dance to my heart's content.


I think that's it. A whirlwind catch up. Back to the workings!

No comments:

Post a Comment