Wednesday 11 January 2012

Was it love at first sight when you walked by and you caught my eye?

So I was talking to Hazy and he told me I needed to blog more so here is a generalised update on my life with possible random thoughts interspersed. I need to check when my last blog was though... wow almost 2 months ago! That is a long while and quite a bit has happened since then. I mean it's a whole new year, a new campaign map in life!

Well the main thing that has happened since I last typed was Christmas and then New Year. These were pretty good times. I mean they normally are and I think always have been good times. There is good food and everyone has little gifts or big gifts in some cases. I got some wonderful presents but I don't need to go bragging about those to you, I'm sure you guys got wonderful things too.

For NYE (New Year's Eve) I did things completely differently to any other time. Firstly I went to the city's NYE parade, in which Anna-chan was part of a serpent. The parade was good although I was behind tall people, thank goodness for cameras and auto focus (I was totally photographing over peoples' heads and actually watching most of it on someone else’s DSLR (canon I think) as they filmed the whole thing). The best part for me was the firework display. I LOVE FIREWORKS. I'm not even slightly joking. Normally I wouldn't be a fan of loud noises, especially sudden, loud noise, but fireworks? Man, set off a couple and you'll just see how big my smile is. This was a pretty damned good display too! Lots of variation!
Then from there Anna-chan and I walked to Bette's house for some party-age with NUGSS people. We didn't stay 'til very late because there would have been no room to sleep and then we'd have been stuck in town with a not very easy way home so we went to get a metro at 10.30pm(?), only to find out that the metro wouldn't be there for another 45mins or so. Just as well for me that I was drunk at this point or I could have been very grumpy at that.

Our metro driver wished us happy new year when it got to midnight, which was sweet. We got to her house at about 12.15 which was fine because then we nested on the sofa and belted tunes from les misérables! It was a cracking way to bring in the new year.


Since then I seem to have been busy busy busy the whole time. Work is going pretty to very well. I've been getting out to see people on a semi regular basis which is nice.

I've been considering the whole “NYResolutions” (NYR) thing. Now I sit on fencing with things like these. Whilst I truly think that if NYRs get you to do things then they are a fabulous thing I do feel that if people can do them for NY then why not any time, like the day they first think of them. I know that having a platform such as NY or your birthday is a good boost to start a new thing or to quit an old thing but it's sad that we can't just go “oh I fancy changing myself so I'll start today”.
The other issue is that you get a couple of months in (at best) and have forgotten that you even had NYRs or have given up because it was too hard or you just couldn't be bothered. I'm not even judging other people here because this is what I do. I don't remember a single NYR that I've kept and if I did keep one it wasn't because I thought of it as my NYR. So what's the point in them?
This year I'm trying something different. I don't have resolutions as such. I just have a checklist. It's like a to do list but for the year. They normally help me to do tasks during the day so I thought, what the hell. Let's go for it anyway. Some are really easy like Complete Gen 2 (which involves me buying 4 particular pokemon cards from 151-251) and some are harder. I'll let you know how I get on with it :D

Ok I lost my train of thought because I went away and played Plants vs. Zombies (I love tower defence games, and I happen to be pretty good at them too!), then I had to wash my hair because it was smelling like chlorine (because I went swimming today but only did 26 lengths, but was distracted because I was talking to a bloke for a while) and then had tea (quiche and home made soup and salads with tiger bread and butter :3) and then played on some more PvZ... I was going to tell you all about the woes of my hair but I'm sleepy now and fancy watching some Fullmetal Alchemist (original series) and maybe doing some of the tasks I still have for today. Maybe blog again in a little while.
Lemons and loveses, Buttercup xxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I thought a bit more about NYRs after we talked about them whenever that was, and some I can understand - like basically checklisty ones. If you say "I want to have done these things within the next year," well, that's easier if you do it from new year, rather than having to remember that you need to have managed these things by the 22nd of November or whatever (Unless the 22nd of November carries some special significance for you of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty close to being able to cross off at least one which is nice :3. Things are normally done at specific times of year; NY, birthday, academic year start... It's just interesting that people don't often seem to do things in the now but at specific chapters. People are funny :)

    ReplyDelete