Friday 13 January 2012

Trouble is a friend, but trouble is a foe, oh oh!

To the left is a sketch of my new friend, Trouble. She is a chicken (don't ask my what type because when I tried to find a similar type on google images the one that I found was subtitled "a very standard chicken" so breed = chicken) who I often see on my way to work.

She is, I presume, an escapee from the allotments that are on both sides of the road where she now resides. Ok she doesn't live actually on the road but on the shrubbed and treed verge. The first time I saw her I almost ran her down on my bicycle.

I would love to catch her and keep her as a pet but I think Smartie (cat) might actually try and eat her if I brought her into the house and we don't have a chicken coop. She also seems to be doing pretty well as she's been a free bird for over a month now.

The school I work at actually keeps chickens and I would love Trouble to be part of their... um... flock? That feels like the wrong word. I want to say herd but that is obviously wrong :P I've heard it is hard to introduce new chickens into a coop but it would be nice if she had somewhere warm to sit at night and there were fewer perils other than angry ladyhens.

I would have shown you a photo of Troubs but she's rather shy and so none of the photos were any good but from them I could make an ok picture :) I rather like having a chicken friend.


Other things in my life. I've spent lots of money so far this year so I'm going to have to cut back on that because it's les terribles, although I'm enjoying knowing that a set amount of money is entering my bank every month. Wages are possibly the best thing about jobs. Even if it was the best job ever and I loved it with all my heart... om nom wages! I bought some new nail varnish (yet more glitteries because that is where it is at) which I may show you if I remember to take photos. I'll upload photos from the other batches I've done too because I said I would but I forgots.

I mostly just wanted to tell you about Trouble. :3

Lemonses, Buttercup xxxxxxxxx

1 comment: