Sunday 6 November 2011

I will still remember when you've long forgotten me

So what's been happening?

Quite a bit actually. I've turned 23 and really aside from how ill I am (and still am and will be throughout all events that happen in this post, obviously, unless I refer to times where I am not 23 in which case I'm probably not ill) things are going pretty well. I start my job tomorrow and whilst it really isn't a big thing really it's pretty awesome for me. I'm a little worried that I'll mess up or they'll tell me I have to go home because I'm ill but hopefully it'll go well and they'll like me and all that. I'm expecting them all to be older than me because I don't remember a single young dinner lady but I'm cool with that :) I just hope they like me and don't think I'm silly.

My birthday weekend was pretty awesome. I got a wonderful stash of things from lovely people and I also just generally had a wonderful time. I danced my way into my birthday at Legends and that was pretty fun, even if we were all really tired by that point. I'd say it was pretty ultra cool which is a nice combo of things really :D

The following week passed mostly with event, well I can't remember doing anything except for writing for nano that I should really catch up with because I'm well behind on that, until Thursday night/Friday morning. At 1.15 am Blue and I caught a bus to London to start our 1.5 days of adventure. I will tell you now, if you can afford to and if it works with time scales of what you need to do in London, avoid using the nightbus on the way down! I think between us we got about four hours sleep and that really isn't useful when you have a whole day of doing things. But we got there and at 7.30am we staggered into a Pret to get tea (for Blue) and eatings (mostly for me) for try and feel less like hell.
Here is another warning for anyone considering this type of thing: nothing in London seems to open until after about 10am. Genuinely the only things open were cafes, tescos, newsagents and that's about it. It was quite difficult killing time until things opened but they did eventually and things were a lot easier energywise because we were doing things and it was a good distraction from sleep deprivation. Also by this point my voice was already squeaky when I got at all emotional about anything which was quite hilarious (re: probably annoying for anyone not me).

We started in Liberty (a rather expensive department store but with a very wonderful Christmas shop and purple bags and loyalty cards :D) which was nice although we didn't look at everything there because it's mostly out of our price ranges. We could afford candy and christmas decorations of which we purchased a couple of the latter. We then wandered around and I bought a Tokidoki Unicorno in Stellina (see below, it's 2.5" tall) from a cute shop with lots of similar items (most of which looked Japanese).
There were brand shops that normally you would only find in shops that sold multi brands. Like a converse shop. We looked around (I was on a hunt for silver cons but there were none in there) and it was quite awesome. We headed up to Hamleys because really if you are in that area you just do. So many cuddly toys :D it was tempting to take home a new panda but none were as awesome as the one I already have. There was a full sized Darth Vader lego man which was really awesome and some fake powder snow that is rather magical even if the woman showing it off was inane. We were in a toy shop, I forgave her :P

We then went and checked into our hostel. I will point out now that the rooms were £9.99 each per night and I believe that it was actually a very good deal. We were given a sheet and a pillow case and a keycard. We traipsed up and found our room (104) and one of the beds was already occupied by a small lump of a sleeping person (that we later found out was not some tween like you expect but a 40 year old very beardy man who looked kinda pervy and kinda homeless in his vegetative beard state). another bed was occupied by a French couple who stopped their just gone noon activities when we entered which was nice at least (they had made a curtain and everything so that was nice). The other 18 beds were empty of people although a few had bedding and items around. It was very hostel and very cheap but that's fine because all we wanted was a bed. I actually reckon that we'd stay there again when we next go down.

After bedding and sorting out what to take with us, what to leave and what to put into a safety deposit box we ventured to Camden because that was our secondary aim of the trip. We spent all the afternoon there just wandering and living in Cyberdog. I only bought a wristband and some shoelaces but the atmosphere is wonderful down there. I feel like I need to spend a couple of days just in that area to see everything.

After getting back to the hostel with the intent of having a little lie down we discover that the doors have already opened to the gig (open at 6pm? Seriously? That's really early comparatively to any others I've been to) we hop back onto the Tube (that we've been on and off all day :D) and down to the Hammersmithteeshs (£25 each but it was London and it was a pretty big group) and drinks (pint of fresh orange juice £2.10 which I thought was quite cheap surprisingly) we went to see what the craic was. We missed the first support act (ME) so I can't comment on that but we did enter at the start of The Pretty Reckless set. They were ok but having not known their music I wasn't too fussed by them.

Evanescence was maximum awesome to the point that I need to see them again. That doesn't often happen. Normally it's a case of "well I've seen you once but I don't need to see you again unless the tickets were free or really cheap". I would pay full price to see Ev again. We were in the seated area and whilst that isn't my first choice for a rock gig it was really good for after a day all round London with no proper rest since Wednesday night. The other good side of seats is that when they finished the encore you were part of the standing ovation the upper half of the hall gave.
I couldn't sing (although I did in My Immortal, the last song, because everyone was singing and it was required), couldn't cheer but damn I had the time of my life mouthing the words to most of the songs. I had goosebumps. I almost had tears. I had silent squees. I rocked out in my seat. I threw horns of varying sizes and hand hearts.

The bus back was at 9.30 the next day and it wasn't half as bad as the trip down so really we had a fantastic time and it was awesome. All of that is mostly for me to remember all this :D

I can't wait for my next adventure. I've started writing a list of daisies in my mind of things to do :D


Lemons, Buttercup xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment