Saturday 24 September 2011

I think the ocean stole my watery soul

So to distract me from life when I can't be arsed to do anything I have taken to spending too much time on two websites:
FYB has some of the nicest bedrooms you will ever see, some lived in, some not digitally rendered, some hotel and some catalogue. I love it a lot but there is one problem, it makes me wish I had a nicer room. I live in a tightly packed box. I would love to have more storage or less stuff, or somewhere else to put all my stuff but whilst I live with my parents that is not an option. Also by my horderish nature I can't reduce the amount of stuff. I can try but it will never be at a low enough amount that I have space.
It does remind me on how much I love fairy lights though and I must remember to:
  1. Buy some more at Christmas, including light rope if I can afford it
  2. Stop putting all my fairy lights in the loft with the Christmas decorations because I can't use them up there
I like having a lot of light in my room. For those who don't know my room I have a cabin bed. Great for extra space, not so good for lighting. It's nearly always really dark at my desk unless I have my desk light on and then it's dark everywhere else if the main light isn't on. I'm used to a lot of light in my room as well because I have a west facing window so I get all the fabulous sunsets filling my room with golden hues. It's a lot more useful for me than the east facing window my brother has because mornings will never be my thing.

I also want more glow in the dark stars. Not the stickers but the plastic ones you can stick on your ceiling with blu-tac. I suppose I could use paint but I like the thought of changing my ceiling every so often to match the stars outside and paint is kinda messy and a faff to get right instead of just putting them up and dealing with any mistakes as you find them. I can currently only find eleven and whilst that is the very best number in the world I would like more thanks. It's actually not that easy to get them cheaply either. I don't really want to spend £5 on 20 stars. I feel like that should be maybe half that cost but I haven't bought glowy stars in ages. Currently I have a rough constellation of Draco on my ceiling (it's in the sky at the moment with the Draconid shower, not because of the Harry Potter character) but I'm missing two stars from the complete constellation because I simply don't have enough. It would also be nice to be able to have more than one constellation on my ceiling but I would have to make them smaller then. It's actually lovely looking up at the stars before going to sleep. Granted the bed is a lot closer to the stars than is necessary (I can touch them if I reach out ) so it's quite bright but it's actually rather soothing. I'd like to have them coming down onto my walls but again that would require many many more glowy stars than I currently have. Many.
I also don't want to have just packs of one size. I like being able to differentiate the size of the stars in the constellations with different sized glowies. I have three different sizes at the moment but some packs don't give you different sizes. Or they give you like moons and meteors and planets. I don't really care for those, in fact I think I binned all the meteors from my last set. They weren't particularly insulting I just didn't really want them. I don't know how I feel about different coloured glowies either. I have a slightly orange star and a very blue star. I find the blue doesn't really show up at all unless you don't look at it. Other colours are kind of ok but really green is where it is at. They glow the best and it just looks good!


We <3 It is a place where people put images that they like and have found on the internet for other people to look at and enjoy. It is updated constantly, depending on how fast people are uploading. There is normally at least one new image every second or thereabouts. I use it to search for new hair dying ideas or to find new pictures to draw from or just to pass the time. You can often see if someone is posting a lot of similar images so sometimes you get a vein of a theme going on. My favourite is when people start linking cakes. Pretty cakes are so win. I would like to make lots of pretty cakes actually. I don't really like cooking but I enjoy baking quite a bit. I just don't because my brother is better at it than I am and getting the motivation when you know that you aren't as good as someone else in the house is hard work. Hopefully I'll start making some tasty deserts though. I know that practise makes perfect but practise is hard work and time consuming.
Urgh he isn't online. I'll ask later ¬¬. Oooh I'm having some excellent cake ideas for my birthday party/Halloween time :D I will have to try it out first though to make sure it works fine.Om a nom a nom a cake a gone.

Actually on the topic of Halloween I reckon it's my favourite day of the year. It's right in the middle of my favourite season (autumn), the day after my birthday and you get to dress up and have fun :D although I will confess to you that I have never been trick or treating. Well... ok one year, at my party (that was on Halloween) all my friends get really antsy because they wanted to go trick or treating so mama agreed that we could go to two houses (next door and a family down the street that I knew). Then they were all "we're going to keep going" and I was like "well fine then but I'm going home because mama doesn't like trick or treating and I said I would be back straight away". They did come back about a minute after me but that was almost going to have me really sad. The only other time I was going to go trick or treating I had my dance lesson that day and so by the time I got home the people I was going to go with had already gone out and so I didn't get to go. Although mama did say she would go with me, which was nice of her seeing as she hates the whole concept. I declined and continued with my les mising. I'm kind of ok not having been trick or treating ever. I think this year I'm going to put more black and orange ribbons in my hair, it'll clash wonderfully with the pink dye :D I might even see if there are any cute spidery ones or ghosty ones. And I'll be all stripes and fabric and it shall be bon. Actually since Halloween is on a Monday this year I might do all of that on the Saturday for going outness. Or maybe I'll do it on both days. Nothing wrong with lots of Halloween.

Anyway the point is that I love Halloween. I'm not sure why really. It's just awesome. Oh and it's really close to bonfire night and I really love bonfire night too. I love fireworks. I love the sparklies and the whizz bang and the smell of the bonfires and the burnt powder. Actually some years I prefer bonfire night to Halloween. They're both pretty awesome. It's the wrapping up warm to stand outside for a couple of hours whilst daddy and brother set up the fireworks and light them. It's the standing with mama choosing what will be next and having gloved hands put over my ears when it gets too loud. It's the tiny crackle of sparklers and the slight fear that it might hurt even though it never has before. The burnt after image of a firework. The Catherine wheel that never seems to turn right until daddy goes and hits it. Trying to work out where best to light everything in the garden depending on the wind and the plants or trees around. The whipcrack of your neck as a rocket wheees off into the sky at an angle. The different names that make them sound interesting. the occasional disappointment that suddenly bursts into brilliance at the last moment. Writing your name with the sparkler and then just making circles because you forgot how long they last.Sitting up all night with the curtains open, watching the best that the city has to offer from the fabulous view over a school field. Walking down the street yelling "bang" every time a firework goes off, hunting for it before it fades to nothing but smoke.

The week after my birthday is the best week of the entire year.

I've really cheered myself up with all of that. Actually this year that week is going to be a billion times better because on the fourth I'm seeing Evanescence in London with Blue. It's going to be so fucking fantastic. We're going cyber shopping and phototaking and sightseeing and hostel staying and it's all just going to be fab.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :D

Lemons of love to you all
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment