Tuesday 28 June 2011

So save your scissors, for someone else's skin

So, my new carpet comes today. I've had the carpet I currently own all my life and it is really past it. It was probably past it when I was about 15 (being a budding artist from a very early age and a klutz with chocolate milkshake took its toll over the years). I would like it to be here now. I would like everything in my room to be fitted and sorted so I can put my cds and books back in. That's actually the bit I look forward to the most. Reorganising my books and cds. It's silly but I enjoy it.

Something else I enjoy is buying treats for my ratties. I had to go out and buy some more food and I bought a little pot of popcorn, dried banana and dried kiwi fruit for them. Also a woven grass mat for them to snuggle on and chew. It's just nice buying things for them. I'm so glad I have them because they help me through a lot. If shit is hitting the proverbial then I know that just chatting to them will calm me down in that short period before my drugs make everything easier. I'm not sure if they like the kiwi though, they've never had it before so it's a little bit strange for them. I might give them some chocolate in a bit :3

In other news I've completed a secret project. Oooooooh. It's going to stay partially secret for a while though still. But I enjoy making little projects. If they are small then they are easier to complete :). Got another couple in my mind so I'll try and complete those soon and report back with pictures and everything :D

I've been reading a lot. I've read 16 books so far this year, which is pretty good going for me as I am not a quick reader anymore. I can't read when there is talking going on or the tv is on. It's too hard to concentrate on the words. But 16 is pretty good going, almost 3 a month. My percentage is of books that I've read of all my books is 57.4% which is terrible! I need to read more books than I buy :D. Hopefully I'll read loads over summer and get though a nice batch of stories and then I can buy more books without feeling a tiny bit guilty at having not read the ones I already own. Really the appropriate percentage is 80% read so I'm quite a bit off... almost 100 books off. So it'll be a couple of years before I get there but I'd like to get to 65% by the end of this year, maybe even 70%! That would be good.

Oh apparently even though the carpet should come today it won't be layed until the weekend. I'm hideously disappointed now. I was looking forward to putting quite a few things into my room finally. I can't help but be a little bit disappointed. Also when my room is done I'm getting a little bamboo plant :D well three sticks of bamboo in water. They grow like that though. I'm well excited. I might even be able to not kill it :p


Love y'all
Buttercup
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment